Here we are, in the third week of January, how many of our resolutions are still unbroken? I admit, I did not resolve and I did not start anything because of New Years. I have, however, been trying to discover new and healthy recipes.
I have been in somewhat of a slump in the kitchen for the past couple of months. My desire to cook and find new recipes just has not been there. That’s not good for someone that writes a food article and has a food blog.
Recently it seemed that everyone I talked to was trying some new weight loss program. I have needed to do the same thing, but after years of making the same resolution, I just do not do that any longer.
I have a whole new attitude about cooking though. I have tried new recipes that are amazing and healthy. Who would have thunk that you could say that about something that’s not full of fat and calories? I’m excited again, and I can’t wait to share some of the recipes with you. I found this recipe in one of my mom’s magazines, Diabetic Living.
Today’s recipe is for Huevos Rancheros, and it is so full of flavor and possibly the best breakfast I’ve ever had. Yes, this lover of French toast, pancakes, and scones just admitted to loving this healthy breakfast. If you would like to receive the Weight Watchers points email me at email@example.com and I will send them your way.
- 2 tbsp. light sour cream
- ½ tsp. lime zest
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 4- 5" corn tostada shells
- ½ c. refried black beans
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- 4 lg. eggs
- 2 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 tbsp. fat free refrigerated salsa, or to taste
- 2 tbsp. Queso Cotija,
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350℉. In a small bowl combine the sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice, set aside.
- Place tostada shells on a large baking sheet. Spread refried beans evenly over shells. Bake 5 minutes or until beans are warm and tostada shells are golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Fry egg as desired.
- Top warm tostadas evenly with spinach, fried eggs, salsa, cheese, sour cream mixture, cilantro, and salt & pepper.