If you’re looking for a super easy cookie this one is for you. Savannah made these for her dad this weekend. She’s trying to bribe him into going where she wants to go on vacation this summer. She came up with a presentation and presented her ideas to him very nicely. However, I’m not so sure she has convinced him that her vacation ideas are better than his.
These cookies have 4 ingredients. The first time I made them I was a little skeptical because they have no flour…but they are terrific. I use this same recipe at Christmas when I make the Hershey’s Kiss Cookies (press an unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each cookie as soon as they come out of the oven) and when I make Reeces Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (bake cookies in a mini muffin tin, press an unwrapped mini Reeces Peanut Butter cup into each cookie as soon as it comes out of the oven, while they are still in the muffin tin).
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. sugar (plus additional sugar to roll cookies in)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix peanut butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 - 2-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.