Nope, it’s not low carb or sugar free. The glycemic load is probably high…but I had one anyway. It was delicious!
Savannah saw these on Pinterest and had them made before I could protest. She just happen to make them on a day I was craving something sweet. It may have been the best thing I’ve ever had 🙂 I think they were fairly simple and here’s her recipe.
- 30 whole Oreos and 12 chopped Oreos
- 4 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 lg. eggs, beaten
- 1 c. sour cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners and place one whole Oreo in each liner.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium high speed until smooth, gradually add sugar. Add the vanilla, mix until combined and slowly add the beaten eggs. Add the sour cream and salt and beat until combined. Stir in the crushed Oreos.
- Fill each liner until almost full. (You want there to be a little space when baked to grab the paper liner and remove from the pan. Otherwise it is a little hard to remove.) Bake for 22 - 25 minutes rotating the pan half way through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack, then place in airtight container and cool in refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.