It has been a very exciting week for me. I am thrilled to tell you about a new adventure! I will be writing a weekly food column for a local newspaper!! As of now the new column is set to launch the week after the 4th. I hope that the readers enjoy what they read and the recipes I share.
Todays recipe is a dessert I have always loved and the idea of individual servings excited me. I decorated these for the 4th, but you can top with the fruit of your choice. Just like the recipe I posted earlier this week, I cheated. I bought sugar cookie dough to bake up for these. It was perfect and quick.
I’m wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th! I hope you have time to relax and celebrate America with family and friends.
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- pinch salt
- Fruit of choice, washed, dried, and sliced is necessary
- Bake cookies as directed on dough package. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling prepare the cream cheese mixture by beating the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt and mix until blended well.
- Spread about 1 tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture on top of each cooled cookie. Arrange fruit in top of each. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.