Today’s recipe comes straight from Weight Watchers. I was quite shocked when I first tried it. Who knew Weight Watchers had such awesome recipes?
I want to tell you a little story just as a testament to just how good this Shrimp Verde Flatbread is. Greg was out of town on business the night I made this for myself. Wes lives at the house, works during the day and works on his masters online at night. He is not the most daring person when it comes to his food. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, and he is perfectly happy that way. Many times when Greg is traveling, Wes and I do our own thing for dinner. He will grill up something for himself while I make my own meal. Wes was in the kitchen when I took this flatbread out of the oven, so I asked him to try it. About the only thing he gets excited about it football, hunting, and fishing, so he didn’t say too much other than it was “pretty good.” Pretty good in this house means just okay. However, he went about his business and came up to me a little later wanting to know if I had the ingredients to make another Shrimp Verde Flatbread. I don’t know if I have described him well enough for you to know just how huge this was, but that speaks volumes!
The fresh sauce is really what makes this flatbread so wonderful. When making your flatbread, I have one little tip for you. If you have lime juice that separates from the sauce as you spoon it on your flatbread just leave it in the food processor. I made the mistake of pouring the juice left in the bottom of the food processor bowl onto mine, and it made those areas of the flatbread soggy. I did not do that to Wesley’s and his stayed crispy and delicious!
- 1 Flatout Light Original flatbread
- 3 oz. cooked shrimp, peeled
- ¼ c. part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¾ c. cilantro
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds and veins removed
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place flat-out on parchment and bake for two minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, and lime juice. Process until well blended and spreadable. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the green sauce over the flatbread. Arrange cooked shrimp over the sauce and scatter with cheese.
- Bake at 375℉ for 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
- WW Freestyle Points = 4