I have been dying to try these strawberries since seeing them on Pinterest. Greg and I both LOVE cheesecake! I knew I could make these using Splenda and we could have them for dessert. We had them Monday night and tonight. They are delectable!!
I actually used half sugar, half Splenda because I didn’t want the bitter aftertaste that you sometimes get with too much Splenda. When you hollow out the strawberry you will notice that most of them are already hollow. You could eat them right away, but we both thought they were better after the filling set up a little.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 2 quarts strawberries
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ c. sugar or Splenda (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 - 2 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- Wash and hull strawberries. Hollow out and cut a slice off the bottom so they will sit flat on a serving tray. Gently pat them dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar or Splenda, vanilla extract, lemon and sour cream until smooth. Spoon into a quart zip-lock bag to use as a piping bag. Seal bag and snip one corner off the bottom of the bag. Pipe filling into each strawberry. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)