I recently bought country style ribs but I didn’t have a clue how to prepare them. I remember cooking them years ago in the crockpot and was unimpressed. However, I’ve been in a rut with my meal planning lately. I suppose not being able to blog on a regular basis has had something to do with that.
Wanting to try something new, I searched online until I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Because it was pouring rain when I made these I opted to bake them in the oven. However, the recipe noted that these are best grilled. If that’s the case they must be to die for when grilled because they were amazing in the oven!
- 1 c. dark brown sugar
- ⅔ c. Jack Daniels
- 1 c. less sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 lbs. country style pork ribs
- Process brown sugar, Jack Daniels, soy sauce, and garlic in a food processor or blender to mince garlic with other ingredients. Pour over ribs and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and lightly oil grate, or preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If grilling, remove ribs from marinate. Place on grate and cover. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on thickness of your ribs. If baking in the oven, place ribs and marinate in a baking dish. Bake for 1 hour.