Are you looking for a great, no-cook meal for these HOT days of summer? Here you go, this is absolutely amazing! I don’t even know how to express in words just how DE…LIC…IOUS this sandwich is!! My cousin, Brandi, gave me this recipe YEARS ago. I had completely forgotten about it until I recently ran across the recipe in our old family cookbook. Now I’m wondering how I could have gone this long without making this oh-so-scrumptious sandwich!
I try to cook low-carb about 75% of the time. I plan to attempt making this into a low-carb wrap, using a large lettuce leaf, the spread, assorted veggies, and cheese. I’m pretty sure it will be delicious but I’ll update you soon. In the meantime give this wonderful recipe a try.
- Dill Spread:
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c. finely chopped pecans
- ⅓ c. fresh dill weed, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Optional Sandwich Ingredients:
- Fresh bun or bread or your choice
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Slice purple onion
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sliced Avocado
- Sprouts or Microgreens
- Sliced Provolone cheese
- Add the pecans to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add cream cheese, dill weed, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and pulse until all of the ingredients are combined.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread top and bottom of bun or two slides of bread with the dill spread. Layer lettuce and veggies of your choice on top of the dill spread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with a slice or two of cheese. Top with your bun top or second slice of bread. Enjoy!