Congratulations to Charl Schwartzel, the winner of the 75th Masters Tournament! Even though he wasn’t my pick…love Phil Mickelson…at least it wasn’t Tiger!
In honor of the Masters we had a Green Jacket Salad with our steaks tonight. When we lived in Augusta my friends always raved about this salad served at a restaurant by the same name, if I’m not mistaken. By the time I moved to Augusta it had closed down, so I was never fortunate enough to dine there. However, a friend and Augusta native, gave me this version of the recipe and it is DELICIOUS!
|Look what Greg bought me at the Masters! I love it, but he won’t let me have it until my birthday in May.|
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- pita bread, toasted
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Accent (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ c. chopped green onion tops
- 1 tomatoes, chopped very fine
- Toast pita bread and set aside to cool. When cool, break into bite-size pieces.
- Tear lettuce, put in large bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to a medium size bowl, whisk while you drizzle in vinegar. Add salt, Accent, pepper, and oregano. Whisk in chopped parsley, green onion tops and tomato.
- Before serving combine lettuce and pita chips. Drizzle dressing over lettuce and toss. (You may not need all of the dressing...I don't use all of it.) Serve immediately.