If you love olives the way I love olives then you must try this bruschetta! It is hands down the best bruschetta I have ever had!!! I love that with a little chopping and slicing this appetizer comes together in very little time too! Try this recipe with flavored olive oils, such as the oils at The Bodacious Olive in Pensacola, Florida. This appetizer is perfect for any holiday party! You can serve this warm or at room temperature.
- 24 slices French bread, cut ¼-inch thick
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. chopped pitted ripe olives
- ½ c. chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp. Italian salad dressing (I use Olive Garden brand)
- ¾ c. cream cheese, room temperature
- Cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Lightly brush tops of bread slices with olive oil. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove bread from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix olives, garlic, and dressing.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over toast slices. Top with a tablespoon olive mixture. Garnish with a cherry tomato, if desired.
*If you prefer to serve these appetizers warm, After you top the cream cheese with the olive mixture return to the oven for about 6 minutes, or until warm. Remove from oven, add tomato half, and serve.