Oh, the memories that popsicles bring to mind. I can remember hot summer days when Mama would let us run through the oscillating sprinkler. We just had the one so we would line up and run through one at a time, jumping the ice cold well water and laughing the whole time. When she would finally make us stop we would then sit in the warm sun with our bright green, red, orange or purple popsicles to dry off before we would start again.
All these years later I still keep those plastic enclosed popsicles in my freezer for grass cutting days. But I have also taken it a step further by making homemade popsicles. Popsicles are perfect for the whole family and make an excellent summertime dessert. You can find a wide variety of molds and even the quick setting popsicles makers that I like for the convenience.
After finding the first peaches of the season I made these incredible Peaches and Coconut Cream Popsicles. They are amazing and quite addicting. I usually start out with a double recipe because my family can’t get enough of these!
- 1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. fresh peach puree
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium saucepan. Add sugar and heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Puree the peeled and sliced peaches with 2 tbsp. sugar and orange juice in a food processor until smooth (a few small chunks will be okay).
- Combine the coconut milk and peach mixtures. Pour into a large jar and refrigerate until cool.
- When cool, pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until firm. Remove from molds and serve.