This was my first time making these but what a great recipe to have! We had these with grilled pork chops but they would also be great with beef, fish or chicken. I think these would look so elegant on a holiday dinner table!
It’s a Paula Deen recipe that I really didn’t understand completely. The ingredient amounts called for in the recipe just didn’t add up. I was a little under the weather, so maybe my brain wasn’t working right. Here’s what I did. If you want the original recipe please check it out on foodnetwork.com. I didn’t use as much butter as originally called for. Also, if you buy the really small asparagus spears you might want to increase the number you wrap in each sheet of phyllo.
Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus
- 36 asparagus spears
- 6 sheet frozen phyllo dough sheets, thawed
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Unwrap the phyllo and cut 6 sheets in half lengthwise. Reserve remaining for later use. Cover the phyllo with a damp towel to keep it from drying out. Take 1 sheet of phyllo and brush lightly with some melted butter. Sprinkle with some Parmesan and ground black pepper. Place 3 asparagus spears on the short end of the sheet. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Place each piece, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Brush with more melted butter and sprinkle with more Parmesan. Repeat until all the asparagus spears are used up. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)