This week I’m looking forward to a visit with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Loretta. We have been friends since we were 13 years old! Just don’t ask us how many years that has been because we will both deny that number. Who knew, all those years ago, when that new kid showed up at school, that she would become such an important part of my life. She’s been there to make the rough times in life a little easier and the happy times a little happier. I’m so thankful for her and so excited about our visit this week!
I made this chicken salad to take to Loretta’s house. I love this recipe because it’s so different from your typical chicken salad. It’s easy and scrumptious! You can serve this chicken salad on your favorite sandwich bread or with crackers. (The chicken salad is pictured on Hungry Girl Flatbread.)
- 2½ c. chopped cooked chicken breast
- ⅓ c. sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅔ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
- Combine all ingredients. Serve or refrigerate.