I have a last-minute post for your Memorial Day barbecues! This is barbecue sauce that young and old will enjoy. It taste just enough like root beer that your guests will know something taste familiar, but they will not quite be able to put their finger on it. You will find the root beer concentrate near the extracts in your store.
- 2 (12-oz.) cans root beer, (not diet)
- 1 c. bottled chili sauce
- ¼ tsp. root beer concentrate
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- In a medium saucepan combine root beer and chili sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Cook over medium low heat and boil gently, uncovered, until mixture has reduced to 2 cups. Add hot sauce, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Remove from heat and cool. Serve with your favorite barbecued meat.