I’m not sure if this post is about the smoothie or the new blender. I’m so excited about our new blender, a Vitamix Turboblend Two Speed. It makes the most amazingly smooth smoothies. I’m sure it blends other stuff well, but so far we’ve just had a “Smoothiefest”. It came with a nice size recipe book so we have plans to try plenty more.
This morning I made a Chocolate Banana Smoothie with Peanut Butter and it is amazing. We had already tried the same smoothie minus the peanut butter and loved it. Since I was planning for this to be my breakfast I decided that the protein might be a good addition. The photo is in a large cup, but this recipe makes enough for two people if you serve a little less than what I’ve pictured here. Even filling this large cup, I still had a little left to put into the freezer for a snack later.
- 1 c. soy milk
- 2 tbsp. Nestle sugar free chocolate milk mix
- 1 frozen banana, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 c. ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter, optional
- Place all ingredients into the blender container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start on low speed, then switch to high.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.