Since my kids were small I have packed snacks for road trips. The kids are older, and quite frankly, not on many road trips with us, but I still pack snacks.
On a recent trip to the beach I made this snack mix. This snack mix travels great, and you will not find one at the store as flavorful as this. You could leave the red pepper flakes out and it would be a great addition to your child’s lunchbox too.
I tried something new and I absolutely love it! This recipe is basically the seasoning for Crackers with a Kick. I substituted the crackers for a mixture of crispy cereals, pretzels and cheese crackers. I did not use pecans, but I think it would be a great addition. Also, I will definitely make a double batch next time!
- 3 c. Crispix cereal
- 3 c. wheat Chex cereal
- 2 c. Cheez-it crackers
- 1 c. mini pretzels
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 (0.4-oz.) pkg. Ranch dressing mix
- ½ tbsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 300°. Pour cereals, crackers, and pretzels into a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter. Add Ranch dressing mix, red pepper flakes, if using, and garlic powder. Mix together.
- Drizzle seasoning mix over cereal mixture and mix to cover all pieces.
- Pour onto two baking sheets, spreading to a somewhat single layer. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.