With football season comes tailgating, and with tailgating comes the question of what to prepare that travels well, serves easy and is a crowd-pleaser. I thought I’d post a few of my favorite tailgating recipes over the next few weeks.
This recipe is one that most people have at least one variety of. This is my favorite because I love the addition on lime juice and fresh cilantro. Add the toppings that will please your tailgaters!
- 1 (9-oz.) can Fritos Bean Dip
- 1 (16-oz.) can refried black beans
- 1 (8-oz.) carton sour cream
- ⅛ c. mayonnaise
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- juice of ½ lime (or a little more)
- shredded cheese of your choice
- sliced black olives, drained well
- ½ of a jalapeno, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- green onions, (green part only), sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix bean dip and refried beans and spread in the bottom of a large dish.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, taco seasoning and lime juice. Spread on top of bean mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese, olives, jalapeno, tomato, green onion and cilantro.