Typically, I would have topped these nachos with some green onions, maybe a few jalapeños or black olives. The truth is, these Buffalo Chicken Nachos are perfect just the way they are pictured! Chips with buffalo chicken, cheese, lettuce and drizzled with Ranch dressing. Another Savannah recipe that happens to be one of my favorites!
I’m still relying on the family a lot these days. I recently came out of the boot and I can get around pretty good. If I do too much in the mornings my surgery foot is swollen and in pain by mid afternoon. That makes dinnertime difficult so thank God for an understanding family!
Last week I cooked chicken in the crockpot with no particular use in mind. Savannah had a plan though. She shredded the chicken, added buffalo sauce and proceeded to whip up these amazingly delicious nachos. We were hooked on them, eating nachos every day until all of the chicken was gone. I believe I mentioned that she’s buffalo crazy, but she’s also really good at pulling together a delicious dish! Thanks Savannah!!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Frank's buffalo sauce, to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Ranch dressing
- Optional toppings: jalapeños, black olives, chopped scallions, sour cream, tomatoes
- Salt and pepper the chicken breast and place in a crockpot. Cook on low several hours, until tender and done. Remove from crockpot and cool to touch. Shred chicken and mix with buffalo sauce, to taste, set aside.
- Arrange chips on serving dish. Top with shredded buffalo chicken and cheese (or other toppings of your choice). Heat in the microwave to melt cheese. Remove from microwave and drizzle with Ranch dressing. Serve.
Visit the Melton house any day of the week and chances are you will be here when we are serving something with buffalo sauce. Savannah is the buffalo sauce queen. It works out well for me, especially when I tell her that I’m craving one of her specialities and SHE cooks dinner! Because even though I enjoy cooking, I love a night off every once in a while.
These awesome buffalo chicken wraps are one of my favorites! On nights that we are grilling, we like to throw a few boneless skinless breasts on the grill to refrigerate and have later in the week.
When ready to assemble wraps, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and cut into cubes, then reheat in a skillet. Savannah assembles the wraps and then toasts them on a skillet or a panini press. They are delicious served with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
Make sure your tortilla is large enough for its contents because you don’t want a “blow out” as you are eating dinner. A good rule of thumb is to buy tortillas that are at least twice as big as the contents you plan to put in it.
Savannah's Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cut into cubes
- Frank's RedHot Wings Sauce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Purple onion, diced, optional
- Ranch or Blue Cheese salad dressing
- Large flour tortillas
- Carrot sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Toss the cubed chicken in desired amount of buffalo sauce.
- To assemble the wrap lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon a small amount of dressing down the center of the tortilla, leaving about 2 inches at edges. Add cooked and cubed chicken on top of the Ranch. Top with shredded Cheddar, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes. Add onions, if desired.
- Roll the wrap by bringing the left side of the tortilla over the contents. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the contents, then the top down and over the contents. Bring the left side toward you and using the tortilla as a guide, slightly pull the contents toward you and using both hands roll the wrap away from you until completely rolled into a cylindrical shape. Let the wrap rest for a minute or two with the flap underneath the contents.
- Grill in a buttered skillet or a Panini press until it is warm, toasted, and lightly browned.
- Cut wrap in half. Serve with additional Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and celery and carrot sticks, if desired.