If you make chocolate, they will come! Yes, it’s true, for me anyway. I will go for anything chocolate on the dessert table above anything else, any time of the day, any day of the year.
These fabulous little nuggets of heaven taste amazing, and they are super easy to make. Aren’t they pretty on this beautiful serving tray too?
If you are looking for something just a little bit different for this year’s dessert table, give these delicious truffles a try. Then grab a cup of coffee and devour away!
- 2½ c. pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ c. light corn syrup
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. Candiquik candy coating, white chocolate or chocolate or combination
- In a medium bowl combine the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add maple syrup, corn syrup, and vanilla and mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove pecan mixture from the refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls. (I use a scoop to get all of the truffles the same size.) Place on the wax paper and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt Candiquik according to package directions.
- Coat truffles with chocolate and return to the wax paper. Return to the refrigerator to allow the coating to harden.