I have not posted a lot over the past two weeks. You may think I’ve had a fall break but far from it. I have been working on a project for the newspaper for two weeks. I have fifteen new holiday recipes with photos ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This meant that even more than fifteen were tested. Some needed up in the garbage and some are my new favorite holiday recipes! I have new appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts that I can’t wait to share with you. Because we all know the holidays will be here before we know it!
Today I have a yummy pizza stuffed french bread recipe. This is cooked on the grill and has a delicious smoky flavor that you will not get in your oven. This is a recipe from Traeger, which happens to be the grill I use. It’s a really easy recipe that your kids will love helping you with. Although the recipe does not suggest cooking on a baking sheet, I did. I would suggest that you cook only the amount that you think your crowd will eat at one time. This is not very good left-over, so you may need adjust accordingly.
- French loaf
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 pkg. sliced pepperoni
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 c. mozzarella
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Make X cuts ¾ of an inch down into the bread, leaving space between the X's so that your bread stays intact.
- Stuff the cuts with marinara and pepperoni.
- Sprinkle top of bread with cheese, pushing some of the cheese down into cuts.
- Place loaf on the grill and grill 15 to 25 minutes, depending on temperature of grill.