If you make chocolate, they will come! Yes, it’s true, for me anyway. I will go for anything chocolate on the dessert table above anything else, any time of the day, any day of the year.
These fabulous little nuggets of heaven taste amazing, and they are super easy to make. Aren’t they pretty on this beautiful serving tray too?
If you are looking for something just a little bit different for this year’s dessert table, give these delicious truffles a try. Then grab a cup of coffee and devour away!
Pecan Pie Truffles
- 2½ c. pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ c. light corn syrup
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. Candiquik candy coating, white chocolate or chocolate or combination
- In a medium bowl combine the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add maple syrup, corn syrup, and vanilla and mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Remove pecan mixture from the refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls. (I use a scoop to get all of the truffles the same size.) Place on the wax paper and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt Candiquik according to package directions.
- Coat truffles with chocolate and return to the wax paper. Return to the refrigerator to allow the coating to harden.
Are you looking for the perfect Easter dessert! Here it is! An old recipe, tried and true, and delicious every time. It’s simple to make, you’ll be amazed at just how quickly it comes together. This is a dessert that pleases both adults and children.
I can remember a time when I thought Cool Whip and Dream Whip were the same thing. They could be, but in my opinion they taste differently. Be sure to use the Dream Whip as the recipe suggest, it can be found on the baking aisle of the grocery store. Also, you can find strawberry glaze in the produce section of the grocery store but I think this homemade version has a better taste and is very simple to make.
Strawberry Yum Yum
- ¾ c. unsalted butter
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c. sugar
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, washed, and sliced
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. strawberry Jello
- 1 c. warm water
- Combine cornstarch, Jello, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring with a whisk, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool. When the glaze has cooled, add strawberries.
- Melt butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs. Sprinkle half of the crumbs in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch dish, set aside.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese together.
- In a separate bowl beat Dream Whip as directed on package.
- Mix cream cheese mixture with the Dream Whip until smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on the top of crumbs. Spread carefully, careful not to disturb crumbs.
- Top with strawberry glaze.
- Add the remaining cream cheese mixture and spread carefully to cover strawberries.
- Sprinkle on the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture.
If preferred, you can purchase strawberry glaze in the produce section of the grocery store to mix with your berries before adding to the dish.