Greg and I both love a simple wedge salad. The dressing is the star of the show on a wedge. If the dressing is not spectacular, then the salad isn’t worth eating, am I right? Who would have ever thought that an iceberg lettuce wedge topped with thick, chunky, blue cheese dressing, some crumbled bacon, and tomato could be such a delight!
In the past, I have given up flavor to go down a dress size. I like food though, and a healthy lifestyle just never lasts because I began to feel deprived. Greg and I both fall into the modern-day foodie category, and bland is not what we crave.
As I begin to discover new recipes I am also revamping some of my old favorites. One of my first recipe remakes was blue cheese dressing, and I am ecstatic with the results! It turns out that I do not have to give up my favorite dressing! Although it’s not quite as creamy as my full-fat version, the flavor is every bit as good and completely satisfying!
It thrills me to know I can have good food and try to be healthier too. Believe it or not, just by making a few changes the scales are already moving in the right direction!
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove
- ½ tsp. sugar
- pinch salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. Plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. light Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- ¼ c. light sour cream
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- In the bowl of a food processor mix vinegar, garlic clove, sugar, salt, pepper, yogurt, mayonnaise, and sour cream until smooth. Add the blue cheese and pulse a few times to blend slightly while still leaving it somewhat chunky.
- Makes 6 - ¼ c. servings
- Each serving = 4 WW Freestyle Points