I originally posted this recipe on a post called Saint Patrick’s Day Meal. On that particular post I list three recipes that have become a tradition in our house for Saint Patrick’s Day. This is the slow cooker version of the recipe I originally posted. This is delicious and makes a great sandwich if you have any left.
- 2 (3-lb.) corned beef briskets, with spice packets
- 1 (12-oz.) bottles of beer
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ c. peppercorns
- 1 bulb garlic cloves, separated and peeled
- Place corned beef in a large pot Sprinkle in one of the spice packets, discard the other one. Pour in the beer. Add the bay leaves, peppercorns & garlic cloves. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove the meat to a cutting board. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.