If you are looking for a super simple recipe to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, then you have come to the right place. These tacos start with store-bought fried chicken fingers (or restaurant bought in my case, I went by Zaxby’s). I mixed up a packet of Ranch dressing mix for my dressing then combined everything in the food processor for a quick and tasty dressing. This recipe is a Southern Living recipe, and they suggest that this dressing is also a great dip for wings. Add more jalapeño for more heat or reduce the amount for less. This is a great weeknight dinner that you can have on the table in very little time!
Fried Chicken Tacos with Buttermilk Jalapeño Sauce
- 1 c. refrigerated Ranch dressing
- 1 lg. jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeds removed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 1½ c. loosely packed)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 12 fried chicken breast tenders
- 6-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Sliced radishes
- Process Ranch dressing, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice in a blender or food processor 2 to 3 seconds or well blended and almost smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Place 1 to 2 fried chicken breast tenders in each warmed tortilla. Serve with dressing and sliced radishes.
Visit the Melton house any day of the week and chances are you will be here when we are serving something with buffalo sauce. Savannah is the buffalo sauce queen. It works out well for me, especially when I tell her that I’m craving one of her specialities and SHE cooks dinner! Because even though I enjoy cooking, I love a night off every once in a while.
These awesome buffalo chicken wraps are one of my favorites! On nights that we are grilling, we like to throw a few boneless skinless breasts on the grill to refrigerate and have later in the week.
When ready to assemble wraps, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and cut into cubes, then reheat in a skillet. Savannah assembles the wraps and then toasts them on a skillet or a panini press. They are delicious served with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
Make sure your tortilla is large enough for its contents because you don’t want a “blow out” as you are eating dinner. A good rule of thumb is to buy tortillas that are at least twice as big as the contents you plan to put in it.
Savannah's Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled and cut into cubes
- Frank's RedHot Wings Sauce
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 to 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Purple onion, diced, optional
- Ranch or Blue Cheese salad dressing
- Large flour tortillas
- Carrot sticks
- Celery Sticks
- Toss the cubed chicken in desired amount of buffalo sauce.
- To assemble the wrap lay the tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon a small amount of dressing down the center of the tortilla, leaving about 2 inches at edges. Add cooked and cubed chicken on top of the Ranch. Top with shredded Cheddar, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes. Add onions, if desired.
- Roll the wrap by bringing the left side of the tortilla over the contents. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the contents, then the top down and over the contents. Bring the left side toward you and using the tortilla as a guide, slightly pull the contents toward you and using both hands roll the wrap away from you until completely rolled into a cylindrical shape. Let the wrap rest for a minute or two with the flap underneath the contents.
- Grill in a buttered skillet or a Panini press until it is warm, toasted, and lightly browned.
- Cut wrap in half. Serve with additional Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and celery and carrot sticks, if desired.