Updated September 18, 2013
I became I fan of the grilled panini sandwich a few years ago while Greg and I were traveling in France. There’s just something about a sandwich warmed through with a gooey cheese and toasted bread that makes you feel good inside.
This Turkey and Cranberry Sandwich is a great way to use leftover turkey after Thanksgiving or Christmas. I first had this combination in a little restaurant in Louisville, Georgia. It is so yummy! I can honestly say that I like the turkey better in this sandwich than I do on my plate beside the dressing and sweet potato casserole.
Make sure you choose a bread that will hold up during the cooking process. Some breads just aren’t sturdy enough to be pressed and grilled. If you don’t like cranberry sauce, this is great with pepper jelly too!
- Ciabatta bread or bread of your choice
- sliced turkey breast
- whole berry cranberry sauce
- cream cheese, softened
- Split bread and toast.
- Assemble sandwich as follows:
- Spread softened cream cheese on bread (both pieces if you're waiting until "Monday" to start your diet).
- Add sliced turkey.
- Spoon whole berry cranberry sauce on turkey and spread.
- Top with bread, grill on the panini press and serve.